1. Develop a garden plan.
2. Make a list of the plants you lack but would like to own.
3. Try to learn something of the origin, history and habits of your special favorites. It will make it a lot more meaningful when you work in the garden next summer.
4. Learn the Latin names of your plants.
5. Paint the handles of your small hand tools in bright colors so they are easier to find.
6. Study the catalogues.
7. Put in your order for seeds and hard to find plants now, before the best items are sold out.
8. Feed the birds.